1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear sway? Stablizer Bar

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by steve kenton, Mar 15, 2019.

1. steve kenton

steve kenton New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    my 2010 IV has a what I call a sway bar across the rear mounting. First look it looks like a solid mount. It is bent iin the middle due to the fact I see it out of the tunnel it would ride in and 3 kinks in the middle. I cant find it online nor do I find the correct name of sway or stabilizer bar. Looking to buy one? HELP!! Thanks in advance.

2. bettergolf

bettergolf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2010 prius rear sway bar....put that into google search and you'll find it.

James Powers likes this.
  3. ilovegirls

ilovegirls Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Do you have a pic? What color is it? There's only so many sway bars made for this car.

4. James Powers

James Powers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Are you saying there is one installed or you were looking to see where it would install? The Prius doesn't come stock with one, it has what Toyota calls a torsion bar that runs across. They have their TRD package that can be installed which usually comes when you get the Plus package. That bar is white, connects via end-links to the spring perch, then two mounts that hold the bar in the channel of the torsion bar.

There are several other rear sway bars; Hotchkis, Cusco, TOMS... They all do the same thing, one of them mounts direct to the spring perch without end-links, the rest use end-links.

If you are looking for more information on modifying your Prius, check out the Modified Prius section in Gen3. Lots of info in there on these types of things.

As the other post stated, if you are looking to buy one, just search your year + rear sway bar.

Hope this helps.