1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear wheel bearing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Princedunet, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Princedunet

Princedunet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    III
    Hello everybody
    I have un issue in my rear wheel bearing, it makes a noise very annoying in road, first I thaugh the probleme in the tires, But when I jack up the car and I rotate the tire , the noise is so clear. I asked the dealer about it they ask for 350€ !! I looked for it in ebay, I found it like 150€. Am asking of the quality of those in ebay ?? Someone has tested them comparing with the original one. Here it is the link of the item : https://www.ebay.es/itm/301873892203
    Thanks in advance

2. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I recommend not to buy parts from eBay. Go to any reputable car parts website which delivers overseas and buy Timken or SKF bearing. They should last for a long time and cost much less than Toyota's one

Alex

Samprocat likes this.
  3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Here's a thread that talks about some hub assemblies that can be bought on Rock Auto:

Rumbling noise from 45 to 55 | PriusChat

I helped @Taxi/Limo replace his rear wheel bearing assembly. Believe it was a Timken. The above thread have members who were satisfied with the Dura International, and that is the cheapest on Rock Auto.

Keep us posted(y).

4. Princedunet

Princedunet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    III
    Thanks brothers, I look here for those marks. Thank you so much

5. Samprocat

Samprocat Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime