1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Wheel Fender Liners

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Uli@, Oct 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Uli@

Uli@ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can anyone tell me if my 2010 Base model Prius is missing parts of the rear wheel fender liner or not. I cant seem to find any photo or video on the rear fender area so I can compare and it seems like one or two bolts are sticking out(circled yellow) and I can see the threaded area but not sure if something goes over it followed by a nut to secure it all in place.

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So far looks pretty normal I will look at mine when sun is up 30 min it's sitting here complete w rear wheel off .

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Okay if you look at your rear wheel look at the front edge of the car portion of the rear wheel put your hand in there you should feel a plastic line or that you can depress as you go around the wheel well and get to the back side of the rear tire If you look along the inner edge of the wheel well meaning towards the middle of the car you'll see these little plastic nuts that push and can twist onto the studs that hold the fender liner in place you could be just missing a few of those plastic screws sorry not studs If you look on the other side of your car in the rear you may see what I'm talking about they're little plastic nuts you can see the stud when the nut is mounted to the stud as it's open on the end it's not a full circle it's like a circular nut with two little tabs that allow it to be pushed and slid down the threaded stud or it can be manually twisted by hand you could be missing just a few of the nuts but the liner is still on the studs I can't post pictures here like you did or it takes so long it's not worth my time everything has to be resized and messed with my pictures are huge but it looks like your liners there but you may be missing a few of the nuts If you have plastic all the way around the wheel up past the shock and everything You're probably good and need the nuts

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Our Canadian 2010 Touring came with the rear liners. I didn’t see any other Touring on the lot, and no other Prius had the liners. Maybe cus the Touring has 17” rims? More likely Toyota just cutting corners.

I wouldn’t get too excited, they’re some sorta heavy “paper” material, might even trap more grit. I hose around their edges diligently when washing the car. I did get them off for a look once, things were pretty clean behind. There’s fasteners at the trailing corner that are a royal pain to remove without just busting them out.

If you get the liners, you will need to get the extra fasteners.

AE5F8819-F406-45D1-8F7A-0DFA555C8824.jpeg
    95DE340B-AC6D-4F99-A959-5C6338FCB87D.jpeg
    The two outer fasteners in above pic, with holes in middle, are the royal pain ones. To remove you need reach into the hole with some sort of pin or thin awl, push the recessed jaws inward to release.

#4 Mendel Leisk, Oct 4, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Raygon likes this.