1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Window Defogger in 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Palladin, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Palladin

Palladin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The rear window defogger in my 2010 Prius doesn't appear to be working. Naturally, the first thing I want to check is the fuse. I can't find any mention of it in the manual and every link I find takes me to a resolution for a pre-2010 Prius. Can anyone tell me where the fuse is located or how to search the gazillion post threads for the answer?

2. ashton.agar

ashton.agar New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Aqua
    Model:
    IV
    I did communicate with Toyota, but they were not much help. However a technician who post's here on PC did provide the correct information.

Please refer for a good support.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are labels in the fuse box covers, and I think even a page in the owners' manual reproducing them, but they are also sort of like the labels in your Grandpa's fuse box: terse, and giving no hint of half the things actually on the circuit. Even though it's some extra trouble to check the wiring diagram, it pays off, because it always shows exactly what's where.

Even so, I've got to caution about the seemingly universal instinct to look for a blown fuse. If you find one and replace it, you haven't fixed your problem; you've learned that your problem is to work out why the fuse blew.

4. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Make sure connectors are securely attached