1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Window Wiper won't stop after detailing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by TheColdOne, Apr 26, 2021.

1. TheColdOne

TheColdOne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just got the car detailed (at a place I am not going back to for various resions) and have discovered that the rear wiper just will NOT stop. This is accompanied by a clicking noise. Just to get to work I ended up removing the whole arm and just left it "on" since "int" also clicked sometimes between wipe motions.

I did see this thread: rear wiper won't stop | PriusChat
    So I figured it COULD be an excess of water that got into the hatch door, so it just needs to dry. I am currently letting it air dry even more since the detailing (over 48 hours with the windows open and the seats are even still wet).

The main reason I am posting here is if there are other ideas. I've seen something about reseating the fuse for the rear wiper, but I'm very inept when it comes to mechanical work and can only do basic stuff like removing the wiper arm and replacing the battery (used to change the oil on my old cars, but haven't done that in forever). So any and all ideas are largely welcome, just know that something seemingly simple may prove quite difficult or time consuming for myself.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    perhaps some chemical got inside the wiper stalk