1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear wiper fix for snow country Prius owners.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Steve Goldenberg, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Steve Goldenberg

Steve Goldenberg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My rear wiper barely cleans the snow from the rear window especially at the lower edge where the wiped snow accumulates.
    After months of searching in parking lots, I finally found the perfect replacement wiper arm and blade. It is exactly the same except it is curved in the oposite direction. See photos. It is OEM on the Mitsubishi Outlander.
    You need to snap off the plastic piece that covers the retaining nut, use a "puller" to remove the wiper arm, and replace it with the Mitsubishi Outlander arm. When properly positioned, it will wipe all the way across the lower edge of the upper window. This was my only unresolved Prius issue. It's a great car.

2. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You guys do realize that the purpose of that wiper is not snow removal. You should be back there wiping it off with your snow brush. The larger wiper that you put on the back, will increase the chance of overloading the motor when you use it to clear snow.

3. bbbygbear

bbbygbear New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :)Steve I know this thread is old, but can you tell me what year outlanders wiper arm you were talking about? I have a 2008 prius and need to change it to cover more area. Please advise.