1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Wiper Fluid Not Dispensing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Bruce9, Oct 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Bruce9

Bruce9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    My 2013 Prius C rear windshield wiper fluid is no longer coming out. Fluid isn't making it to the hose in the back hatch. (I detached the hose and used the lever to dispense the fluid, and nothing came out.)

Sounds like the pump is working because there's a whining noise when I use the lever to dispense fluid on the rear windshield.

The front fluid works fine. The rear wiper works fine.

I checked previous threads and didn't find an answer.

I'm guessing there's a disconnected hose between the reservoir and the back hatch, likely under the hood somewhere. How do I figure out where to look for the problem? Any manuals, photos, videos or other resources on where to look for the problem?

2. Bruce9

Bruce9 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Problem solved. I watched a video that showed there are 2 pumps for the wiper fluid, one for front, one for rear windshield. Apparently the pump for the front attaches to the reservoir a little lower than the pump for the rear, because when I added water to the reservoir, the rear fluid started working fine again. Bottom line: if your front wiper fluid sprayer is working fine and your rear one isn't, an easy first step would be to add fluid to the reservoir.