1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear wiper not working

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by saltdiscus, Aug 29, 2021.

1. saltdiscus

saltdiscus Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi
    2014 prius base model rear wiper isn't working.I just changed the whole motor and still it's not working.Is this some kind of fuse or wiring problem? Any idea because tried searching here but no definite solution .
    Thanks.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it could be. best to test the fuse, and if that is okay, check the voltage at the motor.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's not a very complicated circuit, just wires back to the motor from power and the switch on the stalk.

You can look at this wiki page for ways to get access to the wiring diagram.

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Could be the switch, fuse (20a) or the wiper module. Check for power (light blue) at the module directly from the fuse and also the high and low from the switch. Also verify the module has a ground.

5. saltdiscus

saltdiscus Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It was the fuse 20A rear wiper and everything is working fine now.It was my ignorance when I read somewhere here saying front and rear had a same fuse.So my front wiper was working fine and I figured it was the rear motor.I bought a new one and installed just to find out a simple fuse replacement was the solution.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Maybe that wasn't wasted effort. It might have saved you from rediscovering that replacing a blown fuse isn't the solution to a blown-fuse problem.