1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

rear wiper question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by simplifying, Aug 16, 2016.

1. simplifying

simplifying Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bought 2006 used, 117000 miles. rear wiper does not seem to have much pressure. when rains, leaves a gap of unwiped area. Not sure if the whole unit should be replaced or just the blades.

Thank you.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just change the blade, yours are probably worn. They sell the exact rear wiper by Trico in Autozone or national parts chain. Costs around $10

3. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Rain-X Latitudes! Had them on my old Toyota Corolla, and now have Latitudes on my 2009 Gen II (installed by the local Toyota Dealer on a $35 special). That, and using the magic "0000 Steel-Wool followed by Rain-X treatment" (see youtube vid - and threads passim) is (IMNSHO) just about the perfect solution! - hope this helps - Wil
    BTW Welcome to PriusChat!

PS: (just re-read your original post) with the Rain-X treatment, I hardly ever need to use the rear wiper on my Prius, also the aerodynamic shape of the Gen II tends to help.

4. simplifying

simplifying Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I do use the wiper. I appreciate the comments by all. Just wondering if the pressure or lack thereof is an issue requiring more than just replacing the blades.

I really like this forum for Gen 2 a lot! So glad I found it and you all are so welcoming and helpful!