1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear Wiper refill

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by 3TimesMPG, Feb 5, 2016.

1. 3TimesMPG

3TimesMPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    On my 2012 Prius...

Posting this in case anyone finds it useful, because I searched here and only found references to other aftermarket replacement wiper blades. I was going to order a replacement Toyota OEM rear wiper blade from ebay, but I found this Proline 16-2 ($9.99) at my local PepBoys. The Proline wiper blade is almost identical to the Toyota wiper blade.

I took the rubber wiper refill from the Proline blade and put on my Toyota wiper blade. Honestly I could have just put on the Proline wiper blade assembly and it would fit perfect too. There is a slight contour difference on the Proline wiper blade just below the hole where the arm attaches to the blade.

Here is the picture of the Proline wiper blade on top of the Toyota wiper blade (in the middle). In this picture, I've already taken the wiper refill from the Proline wiper and put on the Toyota wiper blade.

..when this thing decides to let me add the image, I'll come back and edit the post.

...uploaded picture. Rear_Wiper.jpg

#1 3TimesMPG, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Hipstor likes this.