1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rear wiper removal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sbritt, Oct 5, 2006.

1. DocBob

DocBob New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I took the wiper off mine (2005). It was mostly obstructing my view.

I did leave the bolt and covered it with a 25 cent black stopper (like in chemistry class) from sears. I drilled the center if the stopper to fit over the bolt.

If I ever want it back on, it takes about a 2 min to pop off the stopper and replace the wiper.

I will post a picture when I get back to the states (if I do not flake).

Smiles,
    Robert

PS-- I am in tokyo right now and saw a new toyota hybrid minivan. Looks nice!

2. slvr_phoenix

slvr_phoenix Tinker Gnome

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Oct 6 2006, 07:18 AM) [snapback]328867[/snapback]</div>
    In the 3 months I've had my Prius I already need my feet as well to count the number of times I've used my rear wiper. True, it doesn't collect in motion thanks to aerodynamics. However stop lights in rain and snow can easily leave me sitting long enough to collect a layer of vision-obscuring water. :lol: And I have a few lights that I stop at daily, so invariable I use it, even if only briefly, every time I'm driving in rain or snow.

3. Verde

Verde New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Looking for a tip. I just received the Sigma 20" wiper kit and am having trouble removing the OEM arm. I removed the cover cap at the base of the arm, removed the nut and pulled. But the arm did not move. Is there another bolt, set screw or a technique to remove it? I just didn't want to pull very hard and thought I'd ask first.

Edit: Oops. Never mind. Some WD-40 after removing the nut and it wiggled free.

Thanks

4. DFWPrius2009

DFWPrius2009 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Odd... the rear wiper doesn't obstruct our rear view camera view at all.

5. Politburo

Politburo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I don't think OP was claiming that it does. The claim was that you never need to see out the back window when you have the camera, and thus don't need the wiper. Many people, including myself, disagree.