1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Rearview Camera Wiring For OEM Camera

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Manuel Orellana, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Manuel Orellana

Manuel Orellana Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum as I've recently purchased an 05 Prius. Yes it's an 05 but it's in excellent condition and so far it's served me well, I've only had it for a couple of weeks but it's a smooth ride very comfortable.

Anyway, I recently installed a cheap aftermarket camera which works, but isn't exactly what I was looking for. I found OEM Toyota branded cameras on EBAY from slightly newer Prius, same generation.

This is for an original Toyota camera that came with these car, rather than re-wiring everything, I was hoping there was a way to splice the cables so I could use this camera with my after market deck. Right now, the camera is wired using the standard 1 RCA for video and power coming from the backup light. Does anyone have the wiring diagrams that would allow me to rewire the OEM camera and use it with my current setup, not only would it look cleaner but I'm sure it's more meant for this vehicle than the camera I purchased.

Thank you everyone, I'm new to this forum but not new to forums in general, I apologize if this question has been brought up before in which case I would really appreciate it if someone sent me a link to the information as I looked and wasn't able to find it.

Thanks again everyone!