1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reasons NOT to buy the Prius C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Nel, May 20, 2013.

1. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    If the car didn't go when you pressed on the pedal... it's because you didn't actually floor it. Eco just remaps the pedal... flooring it is the same. Your previous car was less than .5 seconds faster to 60... so it was all psychological.

ftl likes this.
  2. Nel

Nel Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Unless the pedal can go through the floorboard, I am certain I floored it. It's not my first day driving...

Maybe I'm just not used to the huge delay in a Prius' acceleration, since I haven't had my old Prius for about a month now. Regardless, I don't see myself driving in Eco Mode as much as I did in the liftback.

Salesman says my car is coming in tomorrow btw :). Told 'em not to drill holes for the plates, so I'll be doing a DIY tow hook mount. Only thing I'm not looking forward to are those monthly payments.

PriusC-illa likes this.
  3. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Lots of advantages, but disadvantage wise in regards to my C3:

Rear headrests and visibility as mentioned - easily solved.

Only one DC outlet. Just enough for me to get by since it has the built in nav, still can't charge my spotlight w/o unplugging the DVR, unless I buy a splitter.

Limited closed storage area...no hidy holes. Basically the cargo capacity of the car is fine, but there is no room under the rear mat to store anything and the glovebox and center console are far too limited.

It's short/low, takes a bit more effort to get in and out of than my Rogue.

Stereo is mediocre...this one might not be fair to complain about, the Rogue came with an upgraded Bose system.

Interior plastic trim, lots and lots of plastic and almost zero cloth aside from the seats and floors. Not easy to find a soft spot to rest your arm or knee.

No factory back up camera option. I was actually looking for this, but it seems rear visibility is good enough it doesn't really need it, at least once you take those headrests out.

You don't want to jump other cars with it. I was a boyscout so this disappointed me, but I still carry a set of cables for other people to borrow, they just won't be getting the actual jump from me.

Drivers side outside touch sensor doesn't unlock all the doors. The passenger side does this, but I wish the drivers side could. My Rogue could do this even though its little rubber nub wasn't as advanced as the touch sensors on the Cs that have them.

...and probably lots more little things I'm not thinking of right now. I didn't go over the good parts, and with them thrown in I can't think of any other car that would have wanted to purchase over it.

4. R Scneider

R Scneider Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    1. Only one DC outlet. Buy a splitter.
    2. Limited closed storage area... I'm hoping someone on here comes up with a way of replacing the Styrafoam with a tray.
    3. Compared to my civic LX's radio the C3's is a BOSE.
    4. I would not like to hit my head on the hard top edge of the dash. PTSD.

Fauxknight likes this.
  5. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Check the manual for this one:
    Prius-C-Unlock.jpg

Fauxknight and R Scneider like this.
  6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    ftl likes this.
  7. Nel

Nel Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Regarding the DC outlet issue, is it possible to install an AC outlet anywhere in the car? I desperately want one, but the task at hand seems out of my reach

Galaxy Nexus ? 2

8. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That is awesome, I was wondering why there wasn't a way to change it. Went through a lot of the manual to familiarize myself with certain things, but I admit I didn't read cover to cover like I should have.

9. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I wasn't thrilled with the OEM cargo net or cargo tray options so I bought a decent sized toolbox (23in?) that fits in the back and is short enough to fit under the cargo cover. Holds all my supplies that would normally have been tucked away. Put some rubber grip feet on it so it won't slide around, it can be securely locked for when I need to transport items that need locked up, and when I do need that cargo area it's just one item to remove.

I'm used to it now, but when I first got the C the difference was grating. The Bose system let me destroy those punks blaring rap out of their car, on their terrible sound system, with some classic rock. Word to the wise, a terrible sound system + a giant subwoofer =/= a good sound system.

10. minkus

minkus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, there is a bit of a delay. It's better when the battery has more of a charge, worse when the battery is more drained.

11. Nel

Nel Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just finished the paper work for my C3 with sun roof in moonglow! It came out to be $21700 - $1500 in loyalty and grad rebates = $20200 pretax. I'm pretty satisfied and I'll be picking it up on Sunday hopefully :)

Damn can't wait!!!!!

Galaxy Nexus ? 2

PriusC-illa, ztanos and ftl like this.
  12. Species5618w

Species5618w Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Good choice and a great deal. Congratulations!

13. Nel

Nel Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    [​IMG]

There she is :)

$20,200 + tax and license

Prius C3
    Moonglow
    Sunroof

14. twalatimer

twalatimer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    At what average speed are you driving? And how are the grades? I travel 170 mile round trip, cruise control set on 65 with a few steep grades and I am averaging 46-48mpg. I also only have 1200miles on my little chili pepper :)

15. DKTVAV

DKTVAV Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Uh, what's the topic of this thread?:)

16. Nel

Nel Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Its been derailed for so long... And now that I made my purchase, who cares?!?! Except the next potential buyer reading this

Galaxy Nexus ? 2

17. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Steering wheel points to the left. Driver's seating / ergonomics was just foul to me, sitting in it.

18. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Too late; the OP already bought a c Three!

Haven't had any of your problems in my Three, however.

19. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    ditto in my 4

20. minkus

minkus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

The driver's seat isn't the most comfortable. If the steering wheel "points to the left", the tires weren't aligned.