1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Receiver Hitch Bike Rack

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by crystalmarlene, Feb 5, 2007.

1. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Don-RI @ May 12 2007, 05:30 AM) [snapback]440513[/snapback]</div>
    Oops. Didn't see this for a bit.... It isn't trimming the rear fascia as I think of it. It is the plastic underbelly part - that is not seen when you are not under the car. Very easy to do, as others have mentioned. I just used a utility knife. Nothing to fear!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtskier @ May 25 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]450110[/snapback]</div>
    I must disagree. I have used the Thule, and I have used the Yakima version. They are both great racks. They are not the best, IMO. The biggest draw-back is the weight of the rack itself.

The new Saris Thelma... while it does have some issues, is what I use now, after already investing many hundreds in the other racks.

http://evnut.com/saris_thelma.htm

2. burns_fisher

burns_fisher Burns

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dspguy @ Apr 23 2007, 09:25 AM) [snapback]428258[/snapback]</div>
    Yow! So where did it break (trying to figure out the picture)? The welds broke between the piece parallel to the length of the car and the cross bar?

Talk to Coastal! They'd like to know, and maybe they'd even help you out...

Burns

3. Wheelin1

Wheelin1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    got a kuat sherpa, only weighs 27 pounds nice race for 2 bikes. You can put bikes on the rack in seconds, its a wonderful thing!!!