1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommend a 12v battery charger

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Berch1943, Apr 19, 2021.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This one used to be $29 when I bought it... I'd pay double for it if I had to do it again: Car Battery Charger 12v 24v 10A Full Automatic Electric with Cleaning Brush | eBay My most favorite charger... Puts on a real cool light show too! And usually takes overnight to fully charge a heavily depleted battery.

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    This discussion is just going around in a useless circle.
    First, you don't need to worry about the capacity of the battery......IF time to charge isn't important.

For a more meaningful discussion, we need to know under what circumstances you anticipate using it.
    The best one for float maintenance while not being used is often not the best if your battery goes nearly dead.

3. Coreyh

Coreyh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Saw your thread on running your prius on a motorcycle battery. How did you do the cables? Thanks

4. Lolarama

Lolarama New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    sam spade 2: your point is well taken.
    is there a recommendation for a charger that splits the difference? ie. mostly to be used for slow home maintenance/charging, but would like to be able to use in an emergency on the road if the battery dies?