1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommend hybrid battery shop in Phoenix AZ for troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by AznBoiOnFiya, Jul 6, 2018.

1. AznBoiOnFiya

AznBoiOnFiya New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello everyone,

2008 Prius with 135000 miles, second owner (first owner took great care of the car and kept great maintenance records). Original battery pack.

I received the dreaded red triangle of death back in May and have been buying modules and replacing them in my battery pack with no luck. I've done the discharge>charge for 6 cycles, recorded voltages and capacities, matched and paired each module according to capacity, did the final balance on the pack to 7.4V, and load tested using a 155w load so I believe my testing methodology is sound, however I am still getting the dreaded p3022 and p3033 error codes. I also ordered a mini vci j2534 Techstream yesterday to get a better idea of what could be wrong but at this time I'm out of ideas.

I wanted to see if someone could recommend a reputable shop in Phoenix, AZ in case I can't figure this out. I would be looking for a shop that could fix my current battery pack, not looking at buying a refurbished unit.

Thanks