1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendation for engine replacement in Cleveland, Detroit, Columbus, NE Ohio generally?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by SonicSleuth, Sep 17, 2022.

1. SonicSleuth

SonicSleuth New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So, I have a 2010 Prius with a head gasket issue, and the engine has 270k miles on it, so nobody really wants to rebuild it. Plus, the engine itself might be too far gone. I've gotten a couple of opinions and based on the discussion, I'm interested in finding a good engine and replacing my current one. I was considering trading in towards a newer hybrid, but of course, no Priuses are available.

Can anyone recommend an engine supplier and shop to perform the work? I'm obviously interested in the best deal for reliable work and some warranty, whether short term. I've been quoted from a few thousand for a used engine to $7k for a brand new one with a long warranty. Any suggestions are appreciated - I'm in Cleveland, but I have no problem going outside this area to someplace driveable. And the car is driveable. I rarely go anywhere, so I'm not in a huge hurry, either.