1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendation for Tinting windows in Boston area

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Boston Jim, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi everyone,

I'll be picking up my new Prius v five with AT package this Saturday ! I know this is the standard Prius forum but I figured I'd ask here as well for any recommendations for places that do a great job with tinting in the Boston area. I know Ive seen threads about this for California but that's a bit far to drive.

Thanks for any advice,

Jim

2. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    'Willing to drive down from Maine if there's a good one... also looking for a good upholstery shop to do the armrests for my Clazzios.

3. Lordkifar

Lordkifar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I can, I can recommend Dr. Tint in Montreal ....they actually tint for a few Toyota dealers across the city. I know it's not close but not California :)

It is also a reputable chain I.e not a small time shop. I did my car there and I think they did a great job. They also use the highest end tint films and guarantee their work for life. I paid 225+tx which is not cheap but not expensive as per Montreal pricing.frankly I would not to save a few bucks and have e nice bubbling film show after a couple of years.

4. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the recommendation, and yes Montreal is closer than California :) I was really hoping for something a little closer, but now that I'm getting so much better MPG...

I'm thinking of going to Tint King in Billerica Ma, has some good reviews from Yelp.

Thanks again

5. wotcher

wotcher Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    boston is a large metro area. it would be safe to assume theres quite a few tint shops.

tinting depends on the labor (quality of work) and the tint film. it boils down to how much do you want to spend? regular tint ($) vs metal/carbon ($$) vs cermanic ($$$)? warranty? you don't want to go too cheap b/c the tint will probably be color unstable (purple shift after a few years) and bubbling.

did you want to tint the windshield too? theres plenty of threads on tinting with lots of info.

mainemanx likes this.
  6. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Regular, metal/carbon, ceramic... the windshield can also be successfully tinted? I never knew... 'Looks like I need more research...

7. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I ended up going to Tint King about two weeks ago and they did a really good job, though I do wish I went a little darker, I went with the legal 35% (for Ma). Someone else also recommended Tint King in my other post in the v forum, and said the tint still looks great after 4 years on their car.