1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendations for Gen2 Rear Rubber Mat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ydpplqbd, Oct 4, 2019.

1. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looking to purchase a rubber mat for the rear of my 2006 Gen2 Prius. This is the mat that goes in the hatchback area to protect the rug. Couple questions as follows:

1. When I search for this item on ebay, I am directed to mats designed for 2008-2015 Priuses (namely, Gen3 and Gen4) despite my Prius being a 2006 Gen2). Do Gen3 and Gen4 rear mats really fit into Gen2 Priuses (seems too good to be true and begs the questions why would the vendor not label the item as being for Gen2)?

2. Does anyone have experience on the durability, fit and overall quality of Chinese rear mats selling for $20 delivered?

3. Does anyone have a recommendation as to a brand, and/or model of rear mat?

Finally, I am looking for a decent quality rear mat (especially fits properly without cutting). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mdgilbreath likes this.
  2. MilkyWay

MilkyWay Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Weathertech is the best. They are more money but will outlast the car. Buy the Weathertech windshield shade its insulated and form fitted. Mine is going on 11+ years old and still in good shape. The WT floor mats same age look brand new. Custom fit for your car. They sell both here on this site for your car.

Priushop. Its the blue button up top that says Shop.

You get what you pay for.

Skibob and ydpplqbd like this.
  4. mdgilbreath

mdgilbreath Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Lloyd mats are great have them in our 2005 Prius and my 1990 wrangler. They are custom fit perfectly.

Lloyd Mats Store: Custom Car Floor Mats, Truck Floor Mats, SUV Floor Mats

iPhone ?

ydpplqbd likes this.
  5. Graeme1949

Graeme1949 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wearhertech!

Or pay even more from a Toyota dealer ...

-Graeme-
    2004 Prius with >190,000 miles.
    Sent ?.

ydpplqbd likes this.
  6. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Duplicate post!! Sorry!!

7. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Graeme:

I think it is "Weathertech" (rather than "Wearhertech").

PS In China, knockoff companies will often intentionally bastardize the name (and/or logo of the company whose product they are trying to knockoff). For example, knockoff companies when creating a Nike facsimile product will instead label the product as "Nkie" or "Nibe" (the idea being that such copying with a misspelled name is not fraud). See pic below. I don't know if you were intentionally trying to be funny but your recommendation of "Wearhertech" sounds like a Chinese knockoff of Weathertech. Thanks for the humor!!!

PPS I am leaning towards the Weathertech cargo liner at the moment but have not pulled the trigger yet.

10082019_nioke_knockoff_pics.JPG