1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommendations for Prius or hybrid indy mechanic in Chicago

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by M̷̀, May 18, 2017.

1. M̷̀

M̷̀ New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm new to the Prius. I've always tried to find a mechanic that specializes in the car I own but I've been having trouble finding a shop that specializes in the Prius or hybrid cars in general. I'm hoping for a shop in the South or west burbs but am open to most of Chicagoland. Some of my previous mechanics were as much as 4 hours away so I don't mind a bit of a drive, though I'd like to find someone a bit closer for this

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. BlazingStar

BlazingStar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I understand you want an Indy shop, but if you're not able to locate one Arlington Toyota is great. NW suburb.

3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm up in Madison, WI and am the only independent that specializes in hybrids and EVs.

Hopefully you'll find someone closer.

I don't have any recommendations in your area but you can always feel free to call me and talk in the phone if you need assistance.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. Deft Jef

Deft Jef Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Green Wheels Automotive Services,
    1540 N Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60622
    Auto dealership & mechanic specializing in electric cars & environmentally-oriented vehicles with good reviews