1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recommended high mpg rims for 2018 Prius Two?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by KRDucky, Apr 13, 2023.

1. KRDucky

KRDucky Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I am wondering if there are any rims and tire setups to improve MPG on a 2018 Prius. Like there are for Teslas etc (the turbo fan looking blade rims). Something that could improve MPG even a few %. I would assume going from a Steel rim to an aluminum or composite alloy?
    Any recommended brands and models?

Any tires? The dealership put Continental CrontrolContact tires on it.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All Prius Liftbacks have alloy wheels (only the base Prius c One and Two had steel rims with wheel covers). The 15" rims on your Prius Two will be lightweight alloys.

So that and the aerodynamic wheel covers should cover that short of going with a flow-formed or forged alloy wheel to reduce unsprung weight.

Tyres will play a role and you'd want a LRR or Ultra LRR tyre if you're focused on fuel economy. The OEM Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus is one example. (I had that on my Prius Prime). The older Ecopia EP20 is ok too (that was OEM on the 2010 Prius that I had).

Ensure that your tyre pressures are up to spec at the minimum. Some of us run 2 PSI higher for extra fuel economy.