1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reconditioned Battery Vs Prolong System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dr3wst3r, Mar 10, 2020.

1. dr3wst3r

dr3wst3r Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Quick question
    I have used a prolong charger before after my prius with 110,000 gave a red triangle and battery pack error. I replaced one cell and use the Prolong charger and lightbulb set up to rebalance the pack.

Now I have 130,000 miles and the car threw another battery error. Here is my question. What is the comparison of using a deluxe Reconditioner set up vs buying a reconditioned battery pack(Green Tech)? I am trying to wrap my head around if there is a substantial difference. With the recondition I would plan to replace any cells that were abnormally low. My goal is to have a car that I do not feel guilty selling. We no longer use the car, but I want to make sure that the next person is not left high and dry.

I have been very happy with my interactions on the Prius Chat website that is why I am reaching out.

Thanks,
    Andrew

2. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    How long between 110k and 130k miles:whistle:?

Would you sell the prolong equipment with your Prius?

If you sell the equipment, you've given the next owner the best chance for success;).

Good luck and keep us posted(y).

WilDavis and SFO like this.
  3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is the prolong charger/discharger cable already installed?

I would avoid that "frankenpack" from greentec.

Now I'm curious if the deluxe discharge (or the complete set up) costs less than the used battery mentioned above?

Raytheeagle likes this.