1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reconditioned MFD?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ckraska, Dec 27, 2007.

1. ckraska

ckraska New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have an '04 Prius that just experienced the "classic" Multi-Function Display failure. I am going to have the dealer replace it with a reconditioned unit. Does anyone have any experience with the quality/longevity of these reconditioned MFDs? Has anyone experienced a failure with a reconditioned MFD? Any feed-back would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Jim

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They seem to hold up well. Mine's been fine for over 2 years.

3. fchang

fchang New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My MFD recently acted up too... and did some searches to find a fix and ran into this personly link: http://techno-fandom.org/~hobbit/cars/mfd/ I gotta say, he is the man!.. Followed exactly what he said and now my MFD works perfectly. FYI...

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Same here . . . in fact when done under warranty, they didn't even THINK about replacing one with new. Rebuilt was what you got (so the dealer told me ... was I conned? :p ). Way back in '04, they were changing 'em out like hot cakes, and you often had to wait 4-6 weeks. But, once changed out, no more squirly behavior.