1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red bullet VVTI seloniod

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Max Taiwan, Apr 9, 2019.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Read this thread too:

VVT Solenoid- Red Bullet or Bull@*$% ? | PriusChat

Matt H likes this.
  2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had this on my G2 it worked quite well.

This does not increase horsepower. What it does is the car accelerates a little faster than stock. The intake cam is rotated to increase timing a bit quicker than the stock valve. It really helps in the 50-60 miles an hour range to pass someone where you hit the gas pedal.
    The car feels lighter off the line.

You will not notice anything limping around in town but on the highway it is noticeable. Every little bit helps this slug of a car the G2 is but I would imagine the G3 and beyond which have more horsepower it will be much more dramatic. You should see a slightly better eta on a 1/8 drag strip.

Its cheap like $129. What do you expect?

You will not see any gas savings in fact your mileage may get worse as you'll have some fun driving the car harder.

Montgomery likes this.
  3. Jeffrey C

Jeffrey C Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Active
    Thanks! it works!

4. LGonPC

LGonPC New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Due to the drastic increase in costs of the Red Bullet / Quantum Solenoid, I did some homework for a few hours and found the taiwanese manufacturer for them. They have an in-house non-badge engineered product they sell to retailers in quantity. They do though, offer samples to businesses. I have an LLC, so decided to contact them.

They're offering me a sample product at $100USD + Ship (likely $30-45).

Should I bite?

Attached Files:

SFO likes this.
  5. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OUCH! Do you have money to burn? :whistle:

6. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'll take an OEM junkyard one, paint it purple and put a 'people eater' decal on it. Sell it to you for only $75.

Ahh, just joking around. Go for it.

7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey, it says right there //Acceleration is very fast//.

And to think I doubted....

8. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Its pretty harmless. And I know mine worked pretty good. Results may be more dramatic on the higher horsepower of a 2015.

But keep in mind it will not increase gas savings. Oh contrare it may make that worse. cause you will be driving it harder.

The stock timing parameters are figured for gas savings not make the engine wake up.

This valve will wake the engine up more quicker on the power curve by increasing the timing of the intake cam much more so than stock timing. Without the engine pinging which is a nice trick. I don't think atkisson engines suffer from pinging much.

But its alot more fun when you need some more power like when passing a car on the highway. That's its sweet spot.

9. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  10. LGonPC

LGonPC New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Coming from an impreza I put 150k mi on in 5 years (sold at 190k, loud "transfer case"), anything over 30mpg is satisfactory. 85% of my drive is highway, so it'll be fun to see what occurs.

I'll keep info, (not as great as the guy who multimetered the parts in an ABA configuration; I've been reading and doing my homework on y'all!) and see whether a group buy of a dozen would be worth it for others. Remember, *"I'm buying it as a test part for a homologated race team me and friends are developing for XW20 and NHP10 models."* :p :p :p

SFO likes this.
  11. LGonPC

LGonPC New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Wasn't able to figure out the DHL account required by the seller; I know this makes me sound entirely incompetent, maybe buying this wasn't meant to be. ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️