1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red bullet VVTI seloniod

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Max Taiwan, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Nopho4u

Nopho4u Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    That cars lame as hell. Just another unimaginative v8 swap

Montgomery likes this.
  2. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those weren't my photos. Someone else got the bullet!

3. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Thumbs up on the photograph!

4. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Hi guys,

I was away on a trip, just got back yesterday and started to continue on the 900km per tank of gas journey. Here is a update photo of where I am. I'll post another info photo tomorrow. 20190506_140642.jpg
    We are also getting The Red Bullet ready for other platforms in Asia and North America.
    PhotoEditor_20190506_184112080.jpg

5. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Hi CSuirp! Your Red Bullet should be with you very soon.

CSuirp likes this.
  6. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    This is the Red Bullet installation guide. please feel free to download!

Attached Files:

dwhopson, SFO and CSuirp like this.
  7. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Max,

Excellent book. One thing to note, it would be good to see where in relation to the engine is the bullet actually at? I have included photos so someone can know where to look. On my car, it is located at the top of valve cover. I cannot tell where yours is located in the booklet but it looks like a different engine.

Attached Files:

ztanos, Max Taiwan and CSuirp like this.
  8. CSuirp

CSuirp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Good point Montgomery.

9. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you for the photos Montgomery! They are very helpful. I would like to make a installation guide for the Prius Gen 3 and the CT200H.
    You are totally correct! The engines are different, Prius C is using a 1.5l and the Prius Gen 3 is running a 1.8l.
    The Gen 3 seems easier to access then the Prius C being on top and having ample room for extraction and installation.
    The schedule for The Red Bullet Prius C is by this weekend on Ebay and also the Gen 3 by the end of the month.

Members of PriusChat will get a discount there and it will be available for local distribution by the middle of the 3rd quarter in some areas wich will include installation services.

We are also reaching out to Asia for local distribution and installation services, we anticipate this will happen soon for our members and Prius owners in this area. We do have variants of The Red Bullet that will fit other vehicles in your household such as Mitsubishi, Nissan, Ford, Mazda, Honda and Lexus.
    Feel free to contact us for more information.

I really value everyone's input and feedback. I look forward to seeing Red Bullet in your vehicle soon!

Update on the 900km challenge; I am hoping to conclude the challenge by the end of the week.
    It will be for sure running on fumes. I calculate 2l reserve when all said and done.

I am thinking about the guess the candy in the jar contest. For example how much fuel will it take for me to gas up to full tank after 900km aka hit the 1st click that cuts off fueling. The winner who guessed the most closest amount of fuel will get a special gift.

Full tank is 35l and the pump is able to measure down to 0.01 of a liter. So i would say if you were to guess right on the number then the prise should be special.

Might need to start a new voting thread or something. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks!

#149 Max Taiwan, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    CSuirp likes this.
  10. TheChip

TheChip Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here's the data from my drag event this weekend. I didn't get as many runs as I wanted, but I managed to make sure my battery was charged to the same level each run.

First 3 runs, Red bullet Installed
    17.998 @ 77.52 mph
    17.971 @ 75.82 mph
    17.974 @ 76.9 mph

Second two Runs, stock
    18.111 @ 77.26
    18.063 @ 75.67

Last run, red bullet installed
    17.846 @ 76.54

There's some data for everyone on the Red Bullet! I'l let you guys make a decision from there.

11. CSuirp

CSuirp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Good results Chip! Thanks for sharing those run #'s.

12. CSuirp

CSuirp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    hey Max! I received the Red Bullet! I'll be installing it late tonight and giving it a good test drive. I'll post 1st impression/experiences afterwards. Packaging looks very legit and professional. I think there's a couple spelling errors on the box but that may be out of your control...not sure. Thanks for it!! (y)(y)

Montgomery and Max Taiwan like this.
  13. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    That is great news CSuirp!
    I'm glad it showed up, I was just checking the tracking status this moring. So apparently it doesn't update every station of transfer.

Thanks for catching the box too! I'm asking them to reprint the whole thing, language barrier was a major issue that the Red Bullet didn't make it out in the first place, trying to overcome that obstacle.
    Don't stress about the review! Enjoy!
    Dont hesitate to contact me if you have any problems.

Montgomery and CSuirp like this.
  14. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Some things are worthy of a thousand words. The runs have delta results. Increased acceleration and higher top speed.
    If I am not mistaken you are flooring it on those runs from a total standstill?
    This access the top margins of the VVTI I believe. It is unfortunate we could not find a solution for dyno runs but I think these are pretty great results!

Thank you very much for sharing!

#154 Max Taiwan, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Montgomery and CSuirp like this.
  15. CSuirp

CSuirp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hey guys. Ok...just finished installing the Red Bullet. Max wasn't kidding...it's not a picnic sliding the new one in. LOL. Here's a sorta step by step of what i did. After pulling the stock one out, i inspected the opening, see if it needed cleaning and such. Next, dipped the Red Bullet in 0w20 (normal for this car) and sloshed the bullet around so it gets fully coated inside, being careful not to get any oil past the red solenoid part. After that, put some valve gasket sealant around base of bullet (not necessary but i had it). Now the fun part...getting it in. Stupid me, i forgot to lay Max's manual in front of me that he worked so hard on. Sorry Max, my bad. Anyway, I attempted to put it in the same way the old one came out. Due to it's longer barrel, that was a fail. So, as I talked to myself out loud like some nutcase, I managed to get the part fully parallel to the opening by gently pulling the air filter assembly toward the front of car which helped make more opening. The red solenoid tip got in the hole and then it was just wiggling it till it became straighter...trying not to grind the red barrel on the entrance edges. If anyone put this bullet in without the barrel touching any metal parts of engine, you rock!
    Anyway...snapped it in and started it up...all accessories off. No problems. No codes, nothing. Car sounded normal and good. I pushed the gas pedal down a bit to rev engine and could actually hear the difference in delay between the battery switching to ICE...the delay was a lot less, meaning the engine was faster to respond when kicking in from battery operation. After a min, I turned the heat on inside to keep the engine going so the solenoid gets primed good. Checked under hood, no leaks or issues. Took it for spin...about 6 miles of highway. I immediately felt a difference when giving it some gas. The delay was significantly less and the power was more. Like Max said...feels like a more normal car now with pick up to keep up with others. Acceleration was better along with overall feel and power. I didn't floor it...but at times pushed the pedal down about 1/2 way to get a feel for pick up; the car responded quickly. I know, I sound like some old lady who never drove faster than 10mph before, but after getting slapped with a ticket recently, i'm kinda sensitive to who is looking on an empty highway at 2am. lol. Anyway, I'll be filling the tank tomorrow to start logging mpg with the new part and will let you guys know the results as i go. Max...thanks man for the part!! So far so good, looking forward to it's benefits and having fun with it! I'll keep yas posted. (y)

16. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    I'm so happy you received and installed it. The suspense was long enough. I read you and I can feel you enthusiasm.
    I hope you enjoy it and start to get satisfactory results.

Be awear of the throttle happy right foot syndrome, now that it does make a difference to step on it! it is very tempting not to!

I had a slight dip in fuel economy when I was enjoying the achievable extra power in the begining.
    Soon you will be stepping so light on the ICE to squeeze that efficiency out. But for now enjoy that roar of power.

I look forward to your results!

If members are intersted in the Red Bullet, please feel free to contact me either via email [email protected] or start a conversation.
    The start up promotion is still valid for Prius Gen 3 and prius C. Prius Gen 3 uses the same stock as our Lexus line.

I will update my 900km progress tonight. Right now sitting on 600km margin.

#156 Max Taiwan, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    CSuirp likes this.
  17. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Guess the gas has been posted. Please enter and share!

CSuirp likes this.
  18. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Has anyone tried the red bullet in the "power" mode?

CSuirp and SFO like this.
  19. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok. So this red bullet looks like its going to be the real deal! So, one of you cool Mod Freaks that have the modified exhaust, the modified intake enjin system and the AT switch needs to get this bullet and see if with your other modifications, you really can feel a difference.

The sleeping speed demon inside of me has awakened........................

CSuirp likes this.
  20. priusCpilot

priusCpilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

Just came across this thread and read it all. Thank for this test Chip! Peak power is the same or at best a tiny hint better. It for sure seems to help low mid range power based on your run times. At worst it shaved 1 second off your 1/4 mile times! The only hard thing to believe is adding MPG? You would think Toyota would not leave any MPG on the table? More power does = more fuel. If it doesn't lower MPG under easy hyper milling techniques then I'd be happy. Any MPG gain would be amazing to me pound for pound.

CSuirp likes this.