1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red exclamation mark appears and disappears

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ram, Jul 7, 2021.

1. ram

ram Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all

Hope there is some collective wisdom on this problem that appeared about 2 weeks ago on my 2007 Prius, 166,000 miles and a replaced main battery at about 100K miles.

The red exclamation mark appears intermittently along with a beep and disappears very quickly. Yesterday I was coming down two grades (6.5%) and it happened several times. I was not braking then. Today it happened on level ground at very low speed. The main battery seems to be charging up normally as shown in the display.

Thanks for any advice.

Ram

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Any other dash lights? Checked your oil dipstick lately?

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Get yourself one of these devices: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus and install Dr. Prius app on your phone. This will allow you to monitor your hybrid battery vital signs, as well as clear error code once they show up. Sometimes the warning lights will throw the car into limp mode and if you have this device to clear error codes you're less likely to get stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow.