1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red light on FOB, keyless won't work!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tom1l21, Mar 24, 2009.

1. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you buy a FOB online you'll have your same problem, it can be programmed to start the car after inserting it into the slot but will not be able to be used for the SKS function. The only way to have a fully functioning SKS FOB is to buy a NEW one from a toyota dealer and have them program it to your car.

2. tom1l21

tom1l21 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I guess I'll only ask for one then, since I could be liable for the charge on the second one. I purchased the car with the premise that keyless entry worked, therefore my dealership should be liable to pay for the toyota dealership to get me a new fob that is programmed to work. Just curious, any idea on how much it might cost them, and would it be double the price for a second one? Thanks!

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It will cost ~$300 to purchase a new Smart fob and have your car programmed to accept that fob. Double that price for two Smart fobs.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The SKS can accept up to 4 fob's. Attempting to add more results in the first one added, being deleted. The Toyota issued Panasonic ToughBook scantool is used to add the fob

Galaxee posted a thread about fob's and SKS awhile back

5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And note what Patrick pointed out: the *car* gets programmed to accept the *fobs*, not vice versa.