1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangle and Prius ICE won’t start!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Vpri, May 6, 2019.

1. Vpri

Vpri New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some input from you guys on this forum. My 2007 Prius wouldn’t start yesterday and my dash lit up with the red triangle and every other light on the dashboard (will attach picture) and the ICE wouldn’t kick on. All the accessories (lights, headlights, radio, etc) work and looking at the diagnostic mode for the 12v battery shows a charge of 11.8v after discharging it by using the headlights and brights.

There was a good bit of corrosion on the negative terminal and connector of the 12v and I’ve tried cleaning the connector and the terminal with no luck. My OBD scanner shows no codes to read. My 12v battery is over 4 years old so I ordered a new one to see if that would fix it.

Are there any other tricks or things I should look at while I’m waiting on the battery to get here? I just got my oil changed a few days ago and the level is not low.

I appreciate any help you guys can give! Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

you really need to read the codes, to find out what the lights mean.

3. Boaztheostrich

Boaztheostrich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have the same issue did you figure it out?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    do you have trouble lights?

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because you have Red Triangle and Prius ICE won’t start doesn't mean you have the same issue, not by a long shot. There could be any number of a thousand possibilities.

As bisco said, get the codes read and then start a new thread with your details in it.