1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red triangle & engine stopped

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GaryNHebert, Feb 6, 2023.

1. GaryNHebert

GaryNHebert New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Driving to work and got a red triangle and the engine stopped and I had to pull over to the curb. Pressing the start button and only getting a flash of lights on the instrumentation panel and then they go off. Pressing the start button to turn on accessories And the screen displays the battery charge screen and there are no bars on the hybrid battery charge. Battery was replaced in October 2021. It has been working extremely well since then. I have been constantly monitoring the charging status and it has been maintaining an even charge and never getting very low. Mpg has been good in the car just broke 300,000 or should I say 299,999. Been monitoring the Trip B odometer to keep track of mileage. What troubleshooting steps can be performed to identify what the problem may be? Thank you for any support!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well you either ran out of gas, have a failed fuel pump, or blew the AM2 fuse from a bad inverter pump.

Tombukt2 likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I wouldn't have been able to leave the side of the road until those basic checks would have been made to be able to make my post here. But that's just me personally and I would have had my 3152 scanner in the car to at least get a basic quick non-tech scan again it's just personal I would have to have that info to be able to leave the car on the side of the road or whatever so I know what I'm bringing back to it in a few minutes.