1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

red triangle+hybrid system warning light = ????? repairs?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ashleyclark, Jan 4, 2014.

1. ashleyclark

ashleyclark Junior Member

I know there's hardly any info to go on but maybe y'all can give me a super rough estimate. My 2002 Classic has both the above lights on. I'm trying to connect with a guy to borrow his code reader so I don't have to drive the car to a mechanic. I've got some folks calling about buying it and I've no clue how high the repairs could run.

Any rough repair estimate? $1K, $-3K, worse? I replaced the hybrid battery about a year ago. The only problem I knew about prior to the red triangle was a bad fuel/air mix. Sorry i don't know more now. Hopefully I can read some codes and post more. I'll also post on the for sale thread. FWIW KBB.com estimated $2600 sales value, I listed it on Craigslist for $2900 guessing for about $5K total they could have a running car. Really appreciate your guidance.
    Ashley

2. vaughnstark777

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you can find them easily for less than $5k without needing a traction battery with less than 150000 miles on them:(

SCH-I605 ?

3. kutcht1

kutcht1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    True, I bought mine with 140,000 miles and only needing spark plugs and ATX fluid change and the Po420 code that even a Toyota dealer said don't worry about it for $2300. But, I would have it listed and have people come out and see what their offers are, you may get lucky and find someone willing to put his own time and repair it them selves just to keep an old Prius on the road knowing that it can be parted out if not. Get ready for offers under $2000 and be willing to move off that $2900.
    TomK

4. trentofdestiny

trentofdestiny Master Finagler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Have you found anyone to help fix?