1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangle + Many lights + Denial = bad mojo (kinda long)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by HTMLSpinnr, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ChuckM

ChuckM New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Thanks so much, I'll let you know what happens

2. ChuckM

ChuckM New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Patrick, one other quick question. I checked the coolant and it's fine, the pump sounded like it ran for maybe 20 seconds and then shut off. Normal or another indication something's going on with the pump?

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Chuck,

The inverter coolant pump must run continuously when the car is IG-ON or READY. So, if you are really listening to that pump, and if you determine that it is not running continuously, this is proof that the pump should be replaced.

4. RW5207

RW5207 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
  5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Reviving this old thread. My wife was driving the 2004 Prius yesterday (now at 126.1k miles). She experienced the same symptoms I experienced on 30-June-2008 with A/C stopping, then ABS/VSC lights illuminating later in the trip. ScanGauge reports P0A93 as the DTC. I was reimbursed for the repairs under the service campaign, however I'm hopeful that the campaign covers a second repair if the replacement pump (revised part? do not know, the invoice shows the original P/N w/o the "G" prefix) failed.

6. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    25k is an awfully short lifespan for the second pump. I hope the issue is something else that is related to the code, but not the pump itself!

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Initial inspection on my own suggests the pump again. There's no vibration, and no circulation in the hybrid coolant reservoir.

Dealer has the car right now for this and the other two service campaigns overdue for it. While it's only been < 25k miles, it has been 4.5 years (my wife doesn't drive it nearly as much as I did).