1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

red triangle no info

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Unseen, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Unseen

Unseen New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have 2003 Gen 1 Prius with 198,000 miles. last week the red triangle appeared and the cooling fans in the trunk kicked on. I checked the coolant level in the inverter tank (it was a little low but not below the low level).
    The coolant was cavitating which from I read means the pump is working. I plugged in a generic code reader and the only code I get is P3014 with no information. I reset codes, and drove the car in morning for 5 minutes and it ran great and the triangle did not reappear, i drove it in the heat of the afternoon and it came back on after 10 min. Any ideas? Do i spend the money on a inverter pump and coolant or is this something else?

Cheers,
    Mike

2. Nelsonprius

Nelsonprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    A search on here for P 3014 leads me to think that bank 4 of HV battery is bad or has corroded connections, needs cleaning or replacing

Unseen likes this.
  3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Google search P3014 prius
    You will find that it is Block 4 becomes weak.

So the problem is in the hybrid battery.
    Could be corroded wiring, could be a failed module.

If you are doing the work yourself you could open it up and pinpoint the exact problem to be sure.

Given the age of the vehicle a failing hybrid battery could be expected. Will cost a couple thousand or so t properly fix it with New cells.

Everything else is Used cells.

Unseen likes this.
  4. Krisstroll

Krisstroll New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hello everybody , I m new on the forum, back in Europe (France) , and not much of people who knows something about working on a prius here, i am trying to solve a pbm :
    prius 2 ; august 2006 ; 192000 KM , used when bought , Tranny maintenance ? 12 V battery fully charged every time i try to start but used
    i had a HT battery failure, bill from toyota that i refused (2500 €), i change my self the 2 faulty elements (thanks you tube) and put back everything : 212 V on testing

when i brought my prius 2 back home the thermic was working D & R but of course electric was not working.

since then , and I checked and rechecked everything, the orange big security plug position (as mentioned by several personns) all the 3 connectors to the ECU, the connector to the Fan , even the polarity of the HT connectors ....

same old song : THE READY MODE DOESN T COME ON, NO D OR R POSITION POSSIBILITY, THE THERMIC DOESN T FIRE UP , I noticed that i don't hear the Clac Clac of relays ans that the 12 V battery is drained after 1 day if stays connected. NO error CODE on ODB device

i desinstalled one of the 2 main relay to try to test it, but i am stucked

any ideas ? any suggestions, HEEEEEELP PLEAAASSSE

thanks