1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red triangle over car symbol

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by liberate88, Jun 8, 2022.

1. liberate88

liberate88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius with 220,000 miles. I just had a mechanic look over it completely and the only thing they saw was a leak on the timing belt cover. They said it’s not urgent and to check fluid levels. I got an oil change.

After driving 600 miles I had the check engine light come on the dash and the red exclamation point over the car on the touch screen come on. Nothing was weird about my car, though it had just sat without driving for 10 days, and the battery gauge in the touch screen was low.

backstory: last summer the same symbols happened, as well as no cruise control, and losing cold air from the fans for a little bit. I ended up getting my inverter pump replaced. So it’s new and the coolant is fresh.

I’ll take it to get the code scanned, but I won’t be able to do that until next week when I leave the camping trip. What else might that warning light mean besides the inverter pump?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could be a weak hybrid battery

have the 12 volt load tested

did you put in an oem inverter pump from a dealer?

does she burn much oil?

the lights are not specific, and only alert you to read the codes

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There are a couple hundred things. If you really want to worry about them all while you're waiting to get the codes read, you can curl up with the repair manual between now and then and read about them all.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

Otherwise, you can just kind of breathe and relax and get the codes read as soon as it's convenient, and then you'll know what to be worrying about, and you won't have to worry about the rest.

liberate88 likes this.
  4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Turn the car on go out and unscrew the inverter coolant reservoir and reach behind your headlight and touch the inverter pump it should be humming and you should see coolant moving in the reservoir I bet it's not and you're cool and pump is failed it happens I've been to a bunch of them doesn't matter what I paid for him either just check it it only takes a second

5. liberate88

liberate88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 12 volt was tested as okay. And I’m not sure about the pump I brought it to a mechanic I’ve never been before because it happened as I moved to a new state.

she does burn through oil a bit.

bisco likes this.
  6. liberate88

liberate88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I did check the coolant liquid and it was jiggling in the revisor. But I didn’t feel for a hum

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    best to find someone with tech stream to read the trouble codes then, or a dealer