1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangle, VSC, ( ! ), P0446, P2601

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by k1ngn0thing, Jun 2, 2022.

1. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    does this look normal for the brake fluid?

2. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    bled the brakes and had a lot of air coming out of the front two lines. C1256 ABS code hasn't come back in the 10 miles I've driven it since then, but there is now a C1310-526 ABS code. Previously there was also a B1423 AC code and there is now an additional B1421 AC code. The P0AA6-526-613 is still present. Is the ground leak simply getting worse and causing a lot of other codes? I also looked at wheel speed freeze frame data generated while driving around, and one wheel showed 1km/h (I was going faster than this) while the others showed 0.

I had the transmission fluid changed by Toyota about 9 months ago, first time since I owned the car and had already put over 50k on it, and not sure the last time it had it changed before then. I've heard it's not necessarily a good idea to change it if it's gone too long without it as it will get rid of sediment and lead to faster gear wear. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the higher pitched revving on accerlation which I've begun noticing over the last few months. Could a worn transmission lead to this ground fault code?

Also after bleeding the brakes, there is now an audible click when shifting the car. 07 Prius click when shifting - YouTube

I also noticed this high pitched noise (before bleeding): 07 Prius high pitched whine - YouTube

And while bleeding the RL brake line, there was kind of a rough, almost gravely noise during the bleed, then what sounded like the pump running dry? followed by a long beep after releasing the brake. noise while bleeding RL brake line 07 Prius - YouTube

inverter pump was replaced less than a year ago.

#62 k1ngn0thing, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  3. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    misread something (why can't we delete posts?)

4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a long story, but what you need to do is click the 'Edit' button (if it is still there it is next to the 'Report' button), select all the text and replace it with a period or dash (it doesn't really matter what character you use), then report the post and ask for it to be deleted.

5. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Given the presence of an AC code, and the fact that I got it recharged 2+ years ago at a shop that likely didn't know (nor did I) that the Prius needs particular refrigerant and oil, I'm guessing they put the wrong stuff in, and it's now causing a ground isolation fault resulting in the P0AA6. I am not looking forward to this bill as it seems the AC condenser, evaporator, and compressor would all need to be replaced if this is the issue.

#65 k1ngn0thing, Jun 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  6. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Those A/C codes are minor, one that is complaining about a blend door and the other one (B1421) would only need further investigation if you scanned the codes outside in bright sunlight.

You said up-thread that you read P0AA6 with subcodes 526 and 613. This directs attention to the transaxle and has nothing to do with the A/C.

7. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    just got word MG1 failed the megger test and the transaxle needs to be replaced.

8. k1ngn0thing

k1ngn0thing Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    the transmission fluid was found to be low, and looked like this [​IMG]

This is what it looked like 9 months later, less than 10k miles since the change.

#68 k1ngn0thing, Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022