1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red Triangle, Yellow (!), Airbag lite with C0300 trouble code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Francis Baratta, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Francis Baratta

Francis Baratta New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My daughter is the driver of the 2007 Prius. She told me it would not start. I jumped the battery the display test showed it was not holding the charge. I remembered I replaced it a few years back so I replaced it again. Car started fine, no error codes and the display test showed it was holding the charge.
    She drove it for 2 days to work. On the second day she called and said it would not start and 3 error lights were lit. I told her to shut it down and start it again.
    She drove it home but the error lites are still lit. Red triangle, yellow (!) and airbag warning lites.
    I purchased an OBD2 and got prius doctor for my phone.
    Diagnostic shows: trouble code C0300 C0300
    Permanent DTC C3F0A P117F P0A11 C3F0A
    Pending DTC C0700 C0700
    Is this something a tune up could resolve? Looks like C0300 are misfires.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it was a P0300 it might be random misfires, but most of those codes are not real Prius codes.

Prius Doctor? and not Dr. Prius?

#2 dolj, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  3. Francis Baratta

Francis Baratta New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Dolj...
    I actually installed both and chose the wrong one.
    I used Dr Prius today and got a P3107 code from the Hybrid ECU. SRS comm failure?
    No codes from the Engine.
    I reset the code and disconnected the battery but it returned.
    Tried to ensure the yellow connector was secured under the passenger seat by disconnecting and reconnecting and reset and disconnected the battery for 5 minutes again but same result.