1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Red warning light, VSC, check engine, (!), and hybrid battery low charge

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Misty Stanford, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Misty Stanford

Misty Stanford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Alright so 2008 Prius 125,000 miles I've noticed my battery hasn't been seeming to hold a charge overnight but once I start driving in the morning it starts charging. This morning I was almost to work when I put on the break all 4 lights lit up and stayed on (red triangle, VSC, (!), And check engine) please help!!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hybrid battery probably getting weak. take it to an auto parts store for a free load test of the 12 volt battery, and reading of the trouble codes.
    if the 12v is good, post the codes here. generally, you need a special scanner for prius codes, so we can't promote help, but we'll try.
    then you'll have to decide who is going to fix it.

3. Misty Stanford

Misty Stanford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I took it to Auto zone and got the code P0A93 for inverter performance problem I ordered the part on Amazon it'll be here today. Already got the old one off thanks to posts here and YouTube. Just trying to find which coolant my car needs. What came out looked red/pink

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For the inverter circuit I'd use the OEM (Toyota) Coolant.
    Pink in color. (even though the pic below looks like it has a red lid....)

I normally use generic, but this is a case where I'd kick over the extra $10 instead of trying to navigate through all of the different color options.

Good Luck!
    Let us know when it's back on the road!

Skibob likes this.