1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Redneck repair for front impact.

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by schmuly, Jul 24, 2013.

1. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Two days ago my wife came home after work , parked the Prius and came inside the house. About an hour later we both went outside and both our golden retievers were pawing at the front grill of the prius. I got on my knees to see what they were so interested in (first thought was a squirrel or pac rat was in the engine compartment).
    Well the black plastic grill was broken and a dead turkey was in there up against the rad. We pulled it out and it was a young bird 1 to 1.5 lbs. Found the broken pieces and drilled small holes in the ends of them and on the grill and tie strapped the grill back together.
    My wife said she saw a bird fly in front of the car but didn't think much of it.
    The grill looks OK but I know I have to change it as some parts are cracked and not tied together
    I know it is not enough damage to go through insurance ($300 deductable) so we will live with the RED NECK repair for now. I wander what Toyota wants for that piece???

2. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I would not expect happy news. How about salvage ?