1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Reflection in Front Winshield

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dcgphd, Mar 27, 2005.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    *hiccup* wha problem??

cant be too much of a problem... got plenty of sober motorists that are more than willing to mow em down.

last spring we had two incidences of a Olympia city cop hitting a pedestrian and a bicyclist.

i am a bicyclist and i never ride the streets if i can help it. i ride the sidewalks (yes that is illegal). i am fortunate in that there is a bike and hiking trail less than a ¼ of a mile from my home and i use it almost daily in the summer time.

i also looked at hauling my bike around on my Prius but my bike rack may not work well (too chicken to try it) but the bike fits in the back with plenty to spare so that is the method i use when going to the other leg of the trail about 4 miles away. i have ridden the journey several times and although i have had many many close calls, i've only been hit once.

i have resigned myself to the fact that one day, i will want to go somewhere with luggage, people, and the bike. so will have to try the bike rack. i will probably get up the courage to do so after 12,000 miles or so i hope

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That's good it's not a problem. I had visions of Drunken Bicycle Gangs terrorizing downtown Seattle like in "The Wild One"

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So is California, as of this year.

Vehicle Code Section 24400.

(a) During darkness and inclement weather, a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle, shall be equipped with at least two lighted headlamps, with at least one on each side of the front of the vehicle, and, except as to vehicles registered prior to January 1, 1930, they shall be located directly above or in advance of the front axle of the vehicle. The headlamps and every light source in any headlamp unit shall be located at a height of not more than 54 inches nor less than 22 inches.

(B) As used in subdivision (a), "inclement weather" is a weather condition that is either of the following:

(1) A condition that prevents a driver of a motor vehicle from clearly discerning a person or another motor vehicle on the highway from a distance of 1,000 feet.

(2) A condition requiring the windshield wipers to be in continuous use due to rain, mist, snow, fog, or other precipitation or atmospheric moisture.

© This section shall become operative on July 1, 2005.