1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Refuel Ready Display

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by forte88, Nov 1, 2012.

1. forte88

forte88 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well,.. I've owned Prius vehicles since 2003 and never saw this display: "Refuel Ready" with a picture of a gas pump. I took my car to the car wash and when it was done, I got in, and the display said "Refuel Ready". I hit the display button to change the display, and it just kept coming back. I still had about 1/4 tank. So I took it to the station and filled it and the display went away. What happened? What was that all about?

2. genetiix

genetiix Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I only get that display when I press the button to release the gas door. Maybe the water from the car wash some how made the car think the gas door was opened.

3. forte88

forte88 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Maybe the car wash guy pressed the tank button while wiping the insides down. I looked to see if it was open when I first saw the display, but it "looked" closed. Maybe it wasn't completely closed. I do like the button on the console instead of on the floor by the front seat as in my older models, but I think pressing it by mistake can happen quite easily when your fumbling for the dimmer knob.

4. ukr2

ukr2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    The PIP manual page 174 shows that pressing the Fuel Filler Door Opener button is the only reason to get the "Refuel Ready" display.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    funny. i've filled up 3 times and never noticed it.

6. Electric Charge

Electric Charge Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have accidentally opened up my fuel door several times (I guess I hit it with my knee or something when I get in the car, also hit the mph->kmh button several times), and ran into that message. I'm thankful it's there now, that's for sure.

7. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I've tried this. It will open only if you're at super low speeds, like <3 mph