1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Refueling Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Robert Fisher, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Robert Fisher

Robert Fisher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]
    I have been watching a couple of tread on the fueling anomalies, that some of the "PriusChat" folks have been suffering. I have a 2007 #6 Prius and so far have burned approximately 5 tank loads of 89 octane fuel. I have not experienced any of the situations that have been written about. I then noticed that many, if not the majority of those having slow fueling anomalies with their Prius, are located East of the Rocky Mountain States/Cities. I have no clue why I noticed this! I am clueless as to what this observation means.

2. PeterR

PeterR Junior Member

ha! had a problem with new 2007 pkg 2 on second fill.... in Redding, CA :)

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Fueling the Prius is a study in inconsistencies thanks to the bladder. How much fuel and how fast to fuel will vary based on ambient temperatures {cold temperatures make the bladder stiffer}, the 'cutoff' setting on the gasoline pump's nozzle, the selected fuel flow, the accuracy of the pump's calibration and sometimes I believe the phase of the moon. :rolleyes:

After the first few fuelings on my 2004 {traded last November for a 2007 Touring}, I just relaxed and ceased to obsess over 'how many gallons can I pump' and only topped off to the next 5¢ or 10¢. I've never desired to brag about 'how many gallons I pumped.' I usually fuel at the single non-blinking pip... or sooner if its convenient.

RELAX & ENJOY YOUR PRIUS ;)

4. iaowings

iaowings New Member

I found that when it is really cold I get the problems but only at few pumps.

One I don’t go to because I cant fuel my car at all. But then I noticed that people with trucks were having the same problem.

5. MarkMN

MarkMN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have been having problems refueling. It seems that half of the gas stations I go to will have the pump shut off immediately after I squeeze the nozzle. At these stations, I can't even slightly squeeze the pump without it kicking off. I then proceed across the street to a second station and have no problem pumping at full speed. This has happenned three times in three different states (MN, WI, IL) and at temps of 30-60 degrees F. It is sort of driving me nuts to have to pay 2 dollars worth of gas at one station with pumps that don't agree with my car, and then having to go across the street to spend the 20-25 dollars to fill up. I have started making a log to try to figure it out, and hopefully so that in my well traveled routes, I know what gas stations work and what ones don't.

6. itsme

itsme New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IAO @ Mar 23 2007, 12:21 PM) [snapback]411007[/snapback]</div>
    I had posted a thread on this prior on our second tank trying to fill would shut down I took the advice to try a different station and found a pump that lets gas into my car, good thing pumps are made by different companies, if not who or what would we complain about, oh yeah we are human we'll find something.. :)

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(regenme @ Mar 23 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]411049[/snapback]</div>
    In my office there are people who if they had nothing to complain about, would complain that they have nothing to complain about.

8. itsme

itsme New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ Mar 23 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]411273[/snapback]</div>
    Can my wife work there? she'd fit right in

(sorry dear)