1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Refurbished Hybrid Battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Haunsdoger, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Haunsdoger

Haunsdoger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys,
    I've recently replaced by Battery 3x... Yes, 3 Times. First one was purchased by Green Bean. I didn't get out of the town without it failing with the VSC lights. Second one was bettery but I was not convinced that it was good as the charging level (Indicated on the Monitor) went very low. I replaced it with another company's battery. This one is dong the same. I usually travel 2 hours up a small mountain and it worries me that I will again see the VSC failure. Here's how it acts: When I park it at night, I park it with the indicator with all blue - rarely does it go into the last two green levels. The next morning I drive for about 3 blocks and the battery level is now down to 1 or 2 pink lines. It charges but takes a bit and then I'm in the normal range of 1/2 indicators or 4 or 5 blue lines. This goes on if I drive conservatively. I don't punch it - I like to get as much as I can out of the gas mileage. The first two batteries were replaced by "techs". I replaced the last one.
    Is this normal? I live in the desert and at times there is 0 cell phone service for long spans of miles. I am afraid that I will be left in the middle of the desert without contact and with no vehicle. I would really like to get this car back in shape and reliable. I have checked and filled all fluid levels (many). It has a new 12v battery. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. I'm really thinking I've been dupped on these batteries.
    Thanks!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yes you've been duped. but you're not the only one, you're just one of the many

3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. Haunsdoger

Haunsdoger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you Montgomery - I have taken your advice.

Montgomery likes this.