1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Refusal To Change Oil With 5W-30

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by K5VMI, Mar 4, 2006.

1. longjohn931

longjohn931 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I wonder?? You have to have complete trust in your dealer, or any oil change service station for that matter, that they are putting in the specified oil. Every dealer I have been to sits you in a waiting room and calls you when your vehicle is done. Oil service stations pump oil from a 55 gal. drum. What is in the drum. You take your own oil in what is to guarantee it goes in your car.
    Just food for thought

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, I actually found that out after chasing a lot of dead ends to resolve a mysterious used oil analysis:

http://priuschat.com/High-Na-level-in-oil-...ved-t14829.html

BTW if they make you sit in the waiting room, how the heck do you "guarantee" the oil you bring in will actually end up in your motor? The tech may put your good oil in his car and use the mystery bulk oil in yours anyway.

3. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's exactly why I do all my own oil & filter changes. I also know it's done RIGHT because I did it. Same on tire pressure, air filter, etc.

4. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

I wonder?? You have to have complete trust in your dealer, or any oil change service station for that matter, that they are putting in the specified oil. Every dealer I have been to sits you in a waiting room and calls you when your vehicle is done. Oil service stations pump oil from a 55 gal. drum. What is in the drum. You take your own oil in what is to guarantee it goes in your car.
    Just food for thought

My uncle is manager of the service dept. at Lakeside. I would say that I have complete trust in Lakeside when he is working. All of our Toyotas were purchased through Lakeside Toyota. No problems thus far. :)