1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Regen braking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Thaaabosss, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Thaaabosss

Thaaabosss New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi community

I recently did an ABS actuator replacement on my 2006 Prius Everything went well, 50 mpg, was driving it and it started smoking. I went back and tightened the brake lines attached to the abs actuator - smoking went away, But now the regen braking is always on? I’ve bled the brakes twice and no luck.

At slow speeds the car turns on the engine and it works harder than usual to get to speed. At freeway speeds with cruise control it’s getting around 50 mpg.

Before bleeding brakes I got C1341 and C1343 - cleared them with my OBD scanner and the dash doesn't have any malfunction lights. but still regen brakes feel like they're slightly on.

Any insight or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What exactly are you perceiving that makes you think you should say "regen" brakes in the above, and not just "brakes"?

3. Thaaabosss

Thaaabosss New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the center screen - where it shows consumption, it shows the green cars for the energy regeneration, which they always show up. sometimes half of one, sometimes 1-2. pls correct me if I'm wrong on that assumption

4. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The green car icons are past regenerations over given interval not current instantaneous regeneration

5. Thaaabosss

Thaaabosss New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi - wanted to give an update - seems to be running fine now.