1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Regret ordering.

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Maturedriver, May 28, 2024.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Kinda lost, regarding R4P and PP. Spell it out?

N'mind, think I know.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Lots of people want the Rav4 Prime for its size, the 18.1 kWh plugin capability and a very strong 302 hp.

Granted, the first couple of years Toyota refused to make many R4P by diverting battery resources to straight 1.6 kWh Rav4 hybrids where they could make ten vehicles instead of one.

Plus the straight LE to Limited Rav4 hybrids are made in North America while the Prime is shipped from Japan and is only available in the loaded XSE and Limited trims.

#42 rjparker, Jun 5, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
  3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We (especially the spouse, who is older than me) have reached the senior age bracket where our remaining road trip years are becoming limited, and this has a very significant chance of being our last road trip car. I.e. dollar value is getting less important as our remaining healthy life expectancy rapidly shrinks. We are now willing to spend more to get what we want now, because "too late" is already visible on the horizon and rapidly approaching.

As mentioned earlier, the PP was considered but rejected about five years ago, appearing to have less cargo capacity than our Gen3 Prius, which we could easily overfill with travel kit and outdoor toys. Even our winter-travel Forester got filled up. The RAV4P isn't meaningfully larger than the Forester, but can fill both its and my former Prius's roles in a single vehicle. And also be our first plug-in car, something that has been on my wish list for many years.

Zeromus likes this.
  4. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I don't understand this point. LE vs. non-LE, and FWD vs. AWD have absolutely no impact on what type of spare you can or can't use.

The outside tire diameters and widths of the 17" and 19" wheel options are virtually identical, so there's no benefit in getting the LE for that reason. The FWD version doesn't give you any additional space in the cargo area over the AWD version. A donut spare will fit under the high floor in the XLE and Limited, but it won't fit under the low floor in the LE without some light modifications. And no trim level can fit a full size spare under the cargo floor without significant modifications.

I could understand an argument for non-Prime vs. Prime based on a spare tire(as a donut will fit in the non-Prime but not in a Prime), but I don't get LE vs. non-LE and FWD vs. AWD.

GcinFl likes this.
  5. Beach Dweller

Beach Dweller Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    The first thing I thought of when I saw their posts:

Preebee likes this.