1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ReInVolt Pack After 3 years

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Jan 28, 2013.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My E85 test involved a maximum acceleration climb up Brindley Mounting, 525 ft / 160 m, but this also stress the battery. It also leaves me at high altitude and needing to descend to head home. So after driving a couple of miles to return the SOC to normal levels, I descended the 8% grade in "B" while recording the 19 traction battery module voltages:
    [​IMG]
    Impressions:
    • Batt Blk 10 - showed up as a local minimum and maximum. This pair probably has a module with the lowest Ahr capacity. The nearly 1.5V worst case dip is interesting.
    • Batt Blk 14 - showed up as a local maximum suggesting its SOC may be locally high and needing to equalize to the pack.
    • Batt Blk 3 - showed up once low but it could have been just a sampling error. Still worth watching.
    I don't see a problem, yet, but should it throw a code, I'll try to get some NHW20 modules and do a module replacement.

Bob Wilson