1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remin Carbon Fiber Interior Kit installed

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Mac Prius, May 7, 2012.

1. Mac Prius

Mac Prius Mod Junkie

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    DSC_0749.jpg DSC_0750.jpg DSC_0751.jpg
    Installed the Remin Carbon Fiber Interior basic kit a few weeks ago. Ordered from CARiD. When the package arrived it was larger than expected. Kit comes packaged with two layers. All pieces layed out nicely grouped into the general areas you will be placing them. Overall I am pleased with the kit. It came in 42 pieces but didnt use all of them. It comes with the pieces for both nav and non-nav displays. I have the basic v2 so didnt use the nav pieces. I also did not use the piece around the glass area of the temperature display. I didnt like how it covered the glass area. Install took me doing alone about 3 hours. I took my time though. Everything went well until the last pieces I installed which were the ones around the shift nob. You can see the misalignment in the pictures. See my install tips below for how to avoid my mistake.

Install notes:
    • Start with the center console and doors to get a feel for the process.
    • You will use the adhesive accelerator for the curved areas such as the air vents, top of steering wheel, and the silver section that has the shift nob and power button
    • Adhesive accelerator once "opened" dries fast so plan ahead when you need it so you can focus on those pieces before you use it.
    • Save the piece that goes around the shift nob for after you put the outer piece on. This allows you to align the shift nob piece to the outer piece which is much easier than doing it the other way which was my mistake.