1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote start/bypass question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Dale Casey Acker, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Dale Casey Acker

Dale Casey Acker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ok I've done allot of research and am comfortable with hooking things up, wiring, etc.... After reading I settled on ads-tbsl ko to use as a bypass to hookup a remote start in my 06 Prius. Well I get it and had a question so called idatalink tech support and they inform me it has to be flashed to my vehicle or it won't work and they have discontinued it and no longer offer the flash for it so my question is will it still work out of the box somehow or do I just have a paper weight now? Thanks Dale

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You’ll probably never get an informed answer, but if it has to be flashed for your car, and you can’t flash it, paperweight

3. Dale Casey Acker

Dale Casey Acker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was just thinking how great it was that everyone is just jumping on board too help lol

bisco likes this.
  4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There's usually a lot more jumping on for things more people have actually done, or at least tried to do, or know something about doing. You may have picked a topic where there just aren't that many. It happens....

5. Pabst

Pabst New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I see this has been awhile, I just recently purchased a 08 Prius (first one) and was searching for info about installing a remote start, possibly came across the same info
    you came across, a post back in '08 - '09 from dpoole38 ?? Where he states he has installed numerous remotes in these with that datalink module.
    Anyhow, just curious if you ever used that or found a other way of installing a remote?
    Or anyone else??
    Thanks !!