1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Start Kit for 15 Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by averageman97, May 21, 2020.

1. averageman97

averageman97 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Upgrade
    I recently became a Prius owner with a '15 Prius and I'm looking to put a remote start system in it. This is completely new territory for me as I've never even owned a car with remote start, let alone searched for one to install on a car. Anyone got any tips or systems you would recommend?

2. NewHybridOwner

NewHybridOwner Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The 2015 Prius Four that we bought used came with an AudioVox remote starter, but I've mislaid the instructions with the model #. At least one model of AudioVox remote starter was a Toyota-approved accessory, I believe. It did work when I tried it a few months back, but when I tried it again recently it did not work; maybe I disturbed a connection when I was connecting something else, or maybe I inadvertently disabled it when I was playing with a phone app that connects to the OBDII adapter -- and maybe I'll have to use TechStream to re-enable it.

As I am typing this reply, I see down below a list of "Similar Threads - Remote Start Toyota," so you might find some good info. there. And I think I saw at least one YouTube video on the topic too.

#2 NewHybridOwner, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  3. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I think many remote starters, although branded differently, are actually made by DEI. I have a basic Viper system which works well for my purposes. There are a lot of options and you need to decide which are important to you. I had the receiver antenna installed at the top of the windshield behind the mirror and it is unnoticeable.

4. SnowMexicanuck

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Our dealer install Fortin remote starters and I've never had a problem with it. I bought the wire-by-wire one instead of the quick connect one so that I could transfer it in another vehicle. It was in my '14 Corolla and I removed it before trading it in, then it got reprogrammed and installed in the Prius by my coworker/friend that install those all year round as it was going to be quicker than me searching my way around the wires.

5. Fiss

Fiss Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three