1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote starter and remote A/C

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by PRPrius, May 7, 2009.

1. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    It seems to me that, just like the solar roof ventilation, it would be usefull in some situatuins, not in others.

We frequently visit family where we park in the sun but close enough where we could activate the a/c before we leave the building. That should work well. I could see where leaving a mall, you couldn't activate it until you are walking towards the vehicle as you describe, so that wouldn't be so good.

2. accordingly

accordingly Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What it's best for is starting the car and letting it warm up in the mornings up here in the cold cold rest of the country. Press the button from inside the house, make coffee, go into nice warm car. If it can't do that, then forget it. I'd have to check the range, aftermarkets work great and I don't have to restart the engine either, plus I can run it longer if it's bone chilling out. When it's hot (and yes, it does get to 100+) I just roll down the windows and drive away and it equilibrates fast enough for me. I have no real use for the remote AC or solar vents, but having the car warmed up already in the winter is a luxury I am willing to pay for.