1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Remote Window Control?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by web1b, May 30, 2009.

1. AirKuhl

AirKuhl New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    And ultimately, that's all that matters.

Yes, remote windows would be cheaper. However, the $3600 package includes Nav, the Solar cooling, moonroof and Remote A/C. If you want a couple of those options anyway, it's a pretty good deal. If not, then yes it's a lot of money for just the solar cooling.

2. web1b

web1b Active Member

I thought the navigation was an additional mandatory option on top of the $3600 solar package.

If not, then good. $3600 to get the solar roof is "less egregious."

3. web1b

web1b Active Member

If you have the key fob with you, do you still need to press the start button before the power windows will work?

If you can unlock the doors with the keyfob, reach the power window controls and open all 4 windows while standing outside of the car, that might help a little bit to exhaust some of the hot air.
    Not as good as opening the windows from 50 feet away so it has some time to air out before you reach the car, but still better than nothing.

4. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, ... I have an 06 BMW 330i and I can hold the unlock button to open the windows. I frequently leave it parked on the driveway out front, and when I am getting ready to leave, I just go to the window, and roll the windows down and sunroof open. That effectively makes the inside temperature of the car ... VERY close to the outside temperature, with the exception of the seats. Now, I think Toyota should have just integrated that in with the Prius, and made the solar panel passively charge the hybrid battery through the inverter.